The number of expatriates have been on rise and so the cross-border marriages have now become a common scenario in Singapore. But unfortunately the number of foreigner divorce in Singapore has also in the higher side. When talk about the cross-border divorce it is very complex to understand about the divorce process and the issues related to it like the child custody, maintenance and others. The most complex is the custody of the child, as the parent having the custody might want to take the child to the native country. However, taking the child away to other country is not easy without the permission of the Court. If the child is taken away to the foreign jurisdiction without prior information and consent of the court and the left-behind parent then it will be an act of International child abduction. Legal action can be taking against the parent and bring back the child back to the country.
The left-behind parent can file a case with the help of experienced child custody lawyers in Singapore who will then assist the left behind parent by taking the following steps:
1. Determine if the child can be brought back in accordance with the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction (Hague Convention)
2. Prepare and file Hague Convention application for child custody right in accordance to Singapore law
3. Organise meeting with Central Authority of Singapore and corresponding Embassies
4. Help client to retain local counsel in the foreign jurisdiction
5. Find possibility to establish civil proceedings against the abductor if the abductor flees to a third jurisdiction
7. Coordinate the institution of measures to cause the foreign state’s authorities to enforce its court’s return order
8. Determine and help implement alternative strategies in the case of abductions to countries that are not parties to the Hague Convention
If you are looking for legal help in Singapore, consider finding top law firm in Singapore who have experience of handling the child abduction and have successfully win the case in the favour of their child. You may take help of the internet to make you work easier.